Food safety is related to the presence of food borne hazards in food at the point of consumption. As the introduction of food safety hazards can occur at any stage of the food chain, adequate control throughout the food chain is essential. Thus, food safety is ensured through the combined efforts of all personnel.
ISO: 22000 are a generic document and it does not specify “how” to do, but only states “what” to do. As per the standard, the Food Safety Management System should be documented and be demonstrable in the manner consistent with the requirements of ISO 22000: 2005 models. The total demonstration in the food safety management System consists of following.
1. Interactive communication
2. System management
3. Prerequisite programs
4. HACCP principle
5. Procedure Manual
6. Exhibits / HACCP Plan / Hazard analysis
7. Work Instruction/Operating Procedure Manual
8. Forms, Records
The amount of documentation should support and efficient quality assurance system without creating a paper bureaucracy.
STEPS FOR INSTALLATION OF ISO: 22000 Food safety management systems: –
All the progressive units in India, which are in the export market today, have adopted some system of obtaining the safe food product. Experience of other industries in India and outside India shows that extensive efforts on the part of each and every person in the organization are needed for upgrading the existing system to meet the requirements of ISO: 22000.
The time required for installation of these systems in any company may vary depending upon their present status and work culture. An estimate of 4 to 8 months is required for a unit involving over 100 employees. The total cost of 3 to 10 laces is involved in installation of ISO 22000 series of standard. The total cost involved consultancy body, fees of certifying body, resource requirement etc. depending on infrastructure available with the company establish system and complexity of work involved.
* Conduct HACCP Awareness Programme (Top + Middle + Bottom Level).
* Form a Team for Documentation and HAZARD Analysis.
* Carry out Hazard Analysis
* Prepare Documents and HACCP Plan of HACCP System.
* Implementation & Train All Personnel in the Use of Procedures & Formats.
* Train Internal Auditors.
* Assess the System Through First Internal Audit.
* Take Corrective Actions.
* Apply for Certification.
* Assess the System Through Second Round of Internal Audit.
* Avail Pre-Certification Audit of Certifying Body.
* Take Actions on Suggestions Given by Them.
You can get more information about Benefits Of ISO 9000 Certificate here.